Why choose our DIY dog fence?
Pet Playgrounds makes the safest and most reliable REAL dog fencing system in the world™.
7 Reasons why you should select a Pet Playgrounds non-electric dog fence
- Pet Playgrounds offers REAL climb, dig, and chew protection for any breed.
- It is nearly invisible. Stepping back just 10-15 feet makes the fence virtually disappear.
- It’s the most affordable fencing option to protect your dog.
- It can be installed virtually anywhere - by anyone, on any terrain even over rocks, tree roots, and uneven land.
- Unlike wireless electric fences that might harm your dog, Pet Playgrounds fences keep other critters out as well as ensuring that your dog does not runaway.
- All materials last for 15-20 years and are virtually maintenance free.
- Our non-electric dog fence kit has been field tested by PETA, and they loved it! We know you and your dogs will too!
Pet Playgrounds offers DIY non-electric dog fences kits and professional installation services nationwide. Our non-electric dog fence is a proven system developed over the last 7 years on virtually every type of dog and property. Our dog fencing system is easily customized and expandable. It keeps other critters out (unlike invisible wireless electric fences), it’s nearly invisible and can be installed anywhere.
Our unique dog fencing system consists of a 1000+ pound break strength polypropylene mesh combined with a galvanized vinyl-coated metal hex wire which acts as a chew and dig guard. When these materials are combined they become an extremely effective, affordable dog fence system that is easy to install just about anywhere, by just about anyone.
Cost Effective. Our non-electric fence systems are the most affordable and complete dog fencing systems available. Don't believe us? Check out our fencing calculator and see for yourself. Our posts require no digging and no cement. Our posts can be spaced up to 25 feet apart, whereas alternative fencing products typically require posts to be placed between 8-10 feet apart. Pet Playgrounds also allows trees or other structures (like tool sheds) to be used as post replacements to reduce cost. There are no holes to dig and no modifications to your landscape are required.
Nearly Invisible. Our dog fencing system is virtually undetectable from as little as 10-15 feet away. Our system blends into your natural environment. The heavy duty 12 gauge vinyl coated braided steel cable allows fences to nearly disappear from most angles. This helps your fence seamlessly blend into your existing natural surroundings.
Easily Customized and Expandable. Our dog fence enclosures can be built for a small area or to enclose an entire property. We can create a fenced in area within your budget because our unique system can be easily enlarged or at anytime. Our posts are not set in concrete. This means there is no-digging required to install our fence! Our no-dig sleeve system makes them very strong and yet easily movable if necessary - perfect for renters.
It can be installed anywhere. Our non-electric dog fence can be installed on uneven or challenging grounds such as hills, streams, wooded and rocky areas due to the flexibility of the materials and its ability to use trees when possible.
It keeps other critters out. Unlike invisible wireless electric fences our non-electric dog fence system keeps coyotes, deer, raccoons, and other wild animals out of your property. When you use an invisible wireless electric fence your dog essentially becomes a sitting duck. Even if your dog is successfully contained in your yard, other dogs or predators (like coyotes) can corner your dog and attack them.
Here is what PETA has to say about invisible wireless electric fences: "Dogs whose yards are surrounded by electronic fences may develop fear or aggression aimed at what they believe is the source of the shock (kids riding by on bikes, the mail carrier, the dog next door, etc.). Dogs have been known to run through electronic barriers when frightened by fireworks or chasing a squirrel and then be too scared to cross back through the barrier. Electronic fences may actually encourage animals to try to escape. Since dogs only suffer painful shocks in the yard, they may associate the shock with the yard itself—once they get out of the yard, the pain goes away. The fact that the pain returns when they try to reenter the yard can cause dogs to believe that they are being punished for returning home. Even when animals are confined within certain boundaries of an electronic fence, they are still in danger of attacks by roaming dogs, cruel humans, or other animals, who can freely enter the property." Read more at www.peta.org
All of our DIY Dog Fence Kits, whether they are 4 foot, 5 foot, or 6 foot come with REAL chew, dig, and climb protection, however there are some dogs (and some breeds) that are particularly challenging to contain. This is when you would select a MAX strength 6 foot dog fence kit. Our MAX strength dog fence kits have a third outside layer of 19 gauge steel vinyl coated welded wire netting that makes chewing virtually impossible. When these three materials are combined it creates a MAX strength dog fence that can contain even the toughest of dogs.
Advantages of our MAX Strength 6 foot DIY Dog Fence Kits
- Our 19 gauge STEEL vinyl coated welded wire netting material can be attached to existing fencing (such as post and rail) or can be installed independently with the components included in our MAX Strength Dog Fence Kits.
- It keeps other critters out such as: coyotes, deer, other dogs, snakes, and small rodents.
- It is effective, humane and safe to use anywhere. You won't harm your dog or other animals that attempt to enter your yard.
- Vulnerable trees, plants, shrubs and landscaping will stay protected from small and large wild animals - especially from nuisance deer.
- Deer ticks can carry Lyme disease, Tularemia, and Rocky Mountain Fever. Our MAX Strength Dog Fence Kit serves a dual purpose by stopping deer from entering your property, and also limiting the amount of ticks that can infect your dog, other pets, and even family members.
Pet Playgrounds is proud to support the ASPCA® and its mission to save lives. To learn more, visit: aspca.org.
See how easy it is to install our DIY non-electric dog fence.
- View our image and video galleries of completed installations
- REAL Chew, Climb and Dig Protection
- Why is a Pet Playgrounds fence better than other dog enclosures?
- How to measure and decide how many linear feet you need
- Can I really install a DIY Dog Fence Kit myself?
- Interested in Professional Installation?
- View our featured testimonial
- Dog Fence FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)